I almost didn’t realize it was Thursday. Holidays smack dab in the middle of the week will do that to a person. I’m taking part in Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud link up today, filled with my Christmas thoughts.
1. Did you know the Christmas Story home in Cleveland is now a museum?
A Christmas Story is one of my favorite Christmas movies, along with a Very Brady Christmas. Apparently A Christmas Story is a much larger cult classic than I thought. Not only is there a museum but there is also an annual convention.
2. My brother fried brussels sprouts in an attempt to recreate the same dish from The Spread in South Norwalk.
Now, I haven’t tried the sprouts from The Spread but his copy cat was delicious! Guess I have to check out the original to confirm that his attempt was indeed a success.
3. Cannoli nachos from DiMare’s should be a sin. Rated XXX.
Devilishly good. My nephew and niece were eating it by the spoonful, no need for the cannoli shell itself.
4. With my upcoming move, I wasn’t able to devote a lot of time to holiday baking, but I did manage to sneak in some Paleo Snickerdoodles from The Paleo Mom.
My parents really liked them, which clearly means they’re a winner!
5. I’ve been quite indulgent this holiday season, more so than in the past. And you know what? I’m okay with that. In fact, it’s motivating me even more to kick some major booty in 2014.
6. I’m terribly sad that this marks the end of holiday movies. I don’t watch Lifetime any other time of year because I frankly find their movies tacky. That all goes out the window come December.
7. Only 4 engagements appeared on my newsfeed over the past few days.
8. I managed to convince my brothers to take a family photo. This is a big deal and only the second time it’s occurred for as long as I can remember.
9. My holiday is not over yet!! I’m using vacation days from work for the rest of the week and catching up with friends, family and doing what I can at the condo so I can finally move in!
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
What was your favorite holiday dessert?