Earlier this week, Kelly from Cupcake Kelly’s nominated me for the Sunshine Award. What’s that? It’s an award to share with those that inspire and bring sunshine to your life. How stinkin’ cute is that!? I’m so thankful Kelly thought of me! The rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
- Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
So in her post, Kelly provided the 10 questions, which I’m answering below. A bit of a “Get to Know Me,” if you will.
1. Favorite breakfast food?
Without a question, egg whites, turkey bacon and sweet potatoes. It’s a bit of a routine, but one that makes me very happy!
2. Biggest guilty pleasure (tabloid magazines? reality tv?)
Young and the Restless. I grew up watching the soap with my mom. It’s the only one we’ve ever watched and I think every other soap is just dumb. Y&R just makes sense. I DVR it errr day and I love catching up in the evening or on weekends. Look at these studs. Serious eye candy.
3. If you could only have 4 meals for the rest of your life what would they be?
- Grilled salmon with asparagus and baby cabbages
- Grilled chicken with salad
- See #1
4. If you could only have 3 beverages for the rest of your life what would they be?
I’m not much of a beverage drinker other than water, but I would have to say: water, green tea lattes and margaritas.
5. Favorite musician or band?
Motley Crue. Oh you didn’t know? I was a huge fan growing up (thank you big brothers) but was too young to attend any of their concerts. Then they parted ways and I was a sad little girl. Until 2005, when they reunited. My dreams came true and I have attended 10 of their shows to date. I’ve even met Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx! Love my boys. Those are stories for another day.
6. Favorite running distance?
5k. I’m not much for distance running so this is the perfect length for me. I’m a much bigger fan of HIIT.
7. If you had an unexpected night free, what would you do?
Well, the majority of my nights are free. It’s really lovely having so many married friends.
But I don’t watch Law & Order. I watch Say Yes to the Dress. (You must see this Buzzfeed)
8. Are you more city or country?
Definitely city girl here. I don’t do well in non-city situations.
9. Best date you’ve been on?
I met a guy at a bar (so you know this doesn’t end well), gave him my number and heard from him a couple weeks later. We went on a date (to the same bar) and had such great conversation, joked, laughed, and before I knew it, it had gotten late. I told all my friends it was the best date EVER. We went on a few more after that until I found out… he was ENGAGED! Thanks, Facebook. See what happens when you meet a guy at the bar? Don’t do it girls.
10. The craziest thing you’ve ever done.
You mean life in my early twenties Thursday – Sunday? Plenty of crazy being done. Please refer to #5.
And now I get to pick my 10 bloggers that make my days a bit brighter:
- Amanda at Running with Spoons
- Jessie at Jessie Loves to Run
- Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
- Kierston at CandyFit
- Brittany at Go the Xtra Mile
- Sarah at Ingredients of a Fit Chick
- Laura at Sprint 2 the Table
- Kait at Chickadee Says
- Electra at Electra-Fi
- Christina at The Athletarian
Here are 10 Questions for them:
- What’s your ideal way to spend a Sunday morning?
- What is your favorite type of exercise? (running, Crossfit, Yoga, etc.)
- Best day/event this Summer.
- Favorite Fall activity.
- 3 Things you never leave home without.
- All time favorite movie.
- What time do you usually go to bed?
- Favorite vegetable.
- Least favorite vegetable.
- What was the best part of your day?
Make sure you check out all these bloggers because they are f*cking awesome! Got me dropping F bombs and everything!
If you’re not one of the bloggers above, pick one question from the list I created above and give me your answer in the comments.