It’s only Thursday, that’s how I’m feeling today. All week, I have felt as though I have been a day ahead. I just hope this means I get an extra Friday somewhere.
It’s been a while since my last Thinking Out Loud post, so I thought I’d join Amanda in my ramblings.
1. 40 days. The Lenten season kicked off yesterday and I kept hearing people say things about what they’re giving up. Let’s just say this is how I feel about that.
I stopped giving things up years ago. Instead I do things. I try to add a new habit that will benefit others or myself. This year, I want to focus on my inner self. I was doing really well with meditation a few months back and somewhere along the line, I lost touch. Meditating helped me focus, see things clearer and most importantly conquer my so called “fears”. This time around, I’m also going back to church. I am Roman Catholic and while I haven’t really practiced my faith in a couple years, I think this will help me in my overall goal of being at peace with myself. There is a great church around the block from me that I am looking forward to visiting each week. Hold me accountable, guys! I’ll do my best to keep you updated on my progress.
2. Salmon for breakfast is my latest obsession. Last week at the gym, I had a craving for salmon, it was pretty serious. And yes, I think about breakfast while working out all the time.
I satisfied my craving this week by bringing in some leftover salmon from the weekend’s dinner and enjoyed it with eggs. Craving satisfied! But it hit again and I had no salmon so I made a pit stop on the way to work at Stew’s and picked up prepared roasted salmon. Crisis averted.
3. When you have dinner for breakfast, breakfast is dinner.
This totally hit the spot! I sauteed red onions, the rest of my shaved brussels sprouts, portobello mushrooms in coconut oil and then added in a combination of egg whites and one whole egg. It was delightful!
I wanted to try my new Pure Wraps so I wrapped half of my concoction and then ate the rest on the side with some salsa.
4. I want this top.
Urban Outfitters introduced a new brand, Without Walls that is all about active and fitness wear. I like the message of the brand which promotes adventure and going beyond walls. It helps that their styles are unique and totally affordable.
5. I also want this.
I got an email from Fancy and when I saw this, I definitely LOL’d. It’s perfect and only $16!
5. I really enjoy my morning drives. I head to the gym before work, so I leave my apartment at 5:15ish each morning. It’s still dark out and while it takes me about 20 minutes to get to the gym, it gives me an opportunity to “wake up” and listen to my morning news on CNN, Bloomberg, MSNBC or Howard 100. <—That counts.
6. Talk radio happens in the morning, but it is happening more and more at all times of day now. I have also found myself listening to podcasts while at work. Why it took this long for me to discover podcasts is beyond me, but I’m loving them. I’m also glad Gina mentioned some great podcasts in one of her last posts.
7. I feel bad that I have promised you guys posts and have yet to deliver on many of them. I have a running list and am embarrassed at how long it’s taking me to get them done. Maybe that should be included in my Lenten goals.
8. This post almost didn’t happen. I thought I was experiencing some troubles with WordPress, but after some Googling, we’re all good!
Do you listen to podcasts? Which programs are your favorite?
What’s on your mind today?